Re: [OM] Question: Mirror and aperture pre-fire?

Subject: Re: [OM] Question: Mirror and aperture pre-fire?
From: Dawid Loubser <dawidl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 16:11:20 +0200
Hence my recommendation for hand-holding all but purposefully long
exposures.
And for superteles, hand-hold with bean bag or monopod. I am quite
convinced
that, for anybody with a steady hand, hand-holding
the camera ironically yields superior results to sitting it on a tripod,
that's been my experience in anyway. Very contradictory to what is
always recommended, e.g. "always use a tripod".

Humans are good at absorbing vibrations.
Good gooood gooood vibrations.... (etc)