Re: [OM] Lightening and Weather Sealing Strike Again

Subject: Re: [OM] Lightening and Weather Sealing Strike Again
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 09:50:44 -0500

> Wow, nice catch Ken. A little closer and they won't have to decommission
> that library.

LOL.  There was a smoldering tree less than two blocks away.  We had
substantial lightning damage around town.

I missed the one shot, though.  A few minutes later I was trying to get the
lightning over the big Catholic church in town.  A beautiful structure.  The
cloud-to-cloud lightning of the storm cell in that direction was awesome.  I
tried for maybe 20 minutes to get the shot, but the lightening wasn't bright
enough to overcome the brightness of the sky in a one-second exposure.

Finally, the time had come for me to head on home, and I took the camera off
the monopod and set it down.  A moment later, there was this awesome fork of
lightning that snaked across the sky over the church. It must have broken
apart and spread across in at least 10 legs taking at least two seconds to
accomplish.  Absolutely wonderful.

Oh, well.  At least I enjoyed it.

AG