Re: [OM] IMG: Tennessee is BIG ORANGE Country

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Tennessee is BIG ORANGE Country
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 09 Aug 2009 21:44:29 -0700
Jim Nichols wrote:
> With football (the USA kind) coming up, and living in Tennessee where UT
> followers bleed orange

Ah yes, I was ... "involved " with  a Tennessee woman who is a serious
UT fan. They are pretty serious about it.

The return from a UT game was when Walt's world fell apart, be careful
about them.

> , I thought it was appropriate to capture an image of my neighbor's orange
> flowers. They are collecting seed, so I hope to get some of my own next year.
>
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Flower+038.jpg.html
>
> Oly E-510 and Leica Elmarit-R 60/2.8 Macro at ISO 800.
>
> Comments and critiques welcomed.

Nice flower. But look more carefully at the image, There's a slight gray
quality to the bright orange and petal detail simply disappears in the
bright orange areas. It's because the red channel is pretty badly blown.
-2/3 EV wasn't enough. From the histogram, I'd guess you need twice that.

Moose