Re: [OM] IMG: Magnificent mansion for sale on the outskirts of Alicante

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Magnificent mansion for sale on the outskirts of Alicante
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2009 07:36:47 +0200
Hi Orin,

Thanks for looking. The small buildings are just part of the main
house. I am sure it was not a movie set. But you are right, it does
not look that old, so it could be an abandoned construction projects
from, say, 20-30 years ago. The fact that the construction is shoddy
is nothing surprising--much construction down here is of a quality
that would not be accepted in Northern Europe.

I will investigate a bit further. I noticed the place when we were
driving to a shopping centre in the suburbs in the morning and decided
that I wanted to photograph it. Since we were on the motorway,
stopping was not an option, and it also looked like a challenging
place to get to in a car. So when we got home, I took my motorcycle
and set out to find a way--and I did, little "camino" that at a
certain point involved leaving the road and using a 100 m of dirt path
to get to another little paved road that led me to the house.
Definitely something for 2, not 4 wheels :-)

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain