Re: [OM] Why this is the way it be?

Subject: Re: [OM] Why this is the way it be?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 08 Aug 2009 20:37:07 -0400
The release date of CS2 was April 2005.  CS3 was released in April 2007.
  CS4 was released in October 2008.
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adobe_Photoshop_release_history>

The E3 was announced in October 2007 and not delivered until November
2007.  That was after CS3 was released but almost a year before CS4.  So
Adobe obviously included E3 compatibility in a post-release upgrade to
ACR in CS3.  I don't know what Adobe's policy is to upgrading ACR in a
prior release.  I suspect they don't do that.  In short, I think they
don't care whether everyone has most of their clothes on.  You just
haven't paid the E3 freight for CS2.  :-)

Chuck Norcutt