Re: [OM] The Kodachrome Project - 2

Subject: Re: [OM] The Kodachrome Project - 2
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 07:19:12 -0500
It might be best to concentrate on flowers and people then.  Under
cloudy conditions, Kodachrome works well with a warming filter, if you
have one.  It doesn't improve skies or scenics, but it warms up skin
tones (more of a consideration for Caucasian skin, possibly) and keeps
the greens from looking too blue, etc.  Polarizer for blue skies
wherever possible is nice (whereas I skip the POL sometimes with
Velvia or digital).  Having said that, I haven't used a POL for any of
my shots yet because so many are handheld and Kodachrome 25 is just so
slow.  I'm already shooting a lot at F4 to get a decent shutter speed!

Joel W.