Re: [OM] Film vs digital (OM Lot)

Subject: Re: [OM] Film vs digital (OM Lot)
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 14:43:03 +0100
You mean you haven't seen this one?

http://www.hemy.me.uk/Miscellany/P8046774.jpg

No, the bellows are not Olympus, nor Hama, nor Novoflex, but PB-4 from the
"N" brand.  If you can find them for less than $150, you are in luck, as
they seem to go for around $300 - sorry about the smug self-satisfied tone
;-).

I confess there is a bit of digital skulduggery involved to portray it on an
OM-1 body, as I don't have a mount to OM - it usually sits on an E-body,
using a readily-available N to 4/3 adaptor. The OM to N adaptor was not so
readily available, but a 7mm OM extension tube and a donor N bayonet (I
nearly put "kebab"!) from an N extension tube were of great assistance.  So
was the Dremel, but no epoxy or duct tape was harmed in this project - and
the less-than precision milling is hidden between the mounts, so you can't
see it.

Piers