[OM] Very sad day : Long live Maitani San

Subject: [OM] Very sad day : Long live Maitani San
From: Olaf Iwert <oiwert@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 01 Aug 2009 13:35:01 +0200
Cc: oiwert@xxxxxxx
Dear all,

I've been shocked by the news that Maitani passed away.
Just recently we had a lively discussion via EMail amongst members of
this forum, whether there is any chance to get Maitani's private address
and to be able to say a personal 'thank you' to him and/or to get his
autograph.

I feel a deep inner relationship to the spirit he has brought to my
professional life as an engineer and to the long sightedness, as well as
  his personal ways to convince design teams and upper management about
his ideas. It proves to me that sometimes a certain stubbornness
together with a humouristic view is necessary to push a new idea forward.

I wish him all the best on his future path and am sure that he will live
forever in the memories of those who are using his system throughout
many many years to come.

Only some days ago I unpacked a juvenile black OM1n together with a 85mm
Zuiko and - although I did not take a single shot yet - I felt a deep
inner joy about the design of one of his first amsterpieces within the
OM series.

Time to buy another one....

With best wishes
The second Iwert on the list