Re: [OM] ( OM ) a little bit more geography

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) a little bit more geography
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 17:10:35 +1200
Hi all, not a good day for photography today.

However I did manage a few, and have uploaded two more landscapes to
elaborate on what I have already made available.

http://www.brianswale.com/zuikoholics/index.htm

These give a wider view of the image at the top of the list.  The shiny roof at
the left side of image 1 can be seen in the left far distance in the valley
floor
of the two bottom images.

I don't know how this (actually quite steep) valley was formed in this sloping
plain. It could have been in a lake bed/margin which was then tilted, and
there are almost certainly glacier effects as well since nothing else could
account for the large angular boulders hidden in these gravelly deposits in
places. A lot of quartz gravel here, and also much schist - the most common
rock here.

Brian Swale.