Re: [OM] Digital projector version 2.0

Subject: Re: [OM] Digital projector version 2.0
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2009 12:43:23 -0400
Careful if you intend to do any cross-platform work with PowerPoint.  A
friend of mine had a PowerPoint presentation he had developed on a PC,
took it to a formal business meeting where he had to run it on a Mac.  A
short way into the pitch the Mac locked up on one of the images.  The
Mac was unable to continue until it was rebooted and the offending slide
edited out.  He know of no reason why that slide was different and asked
if I might know what was going on.  Searching on Microsoft's Mac
PowerPoint forums it appears there are many incompatibilities between
the PC and Mac versions with some of them explained and others not.

So, if you might need to go cross-platform you might want to test your
presentation before you get before an audience.

Chuck Norcutt