Re: [OM] In Memory ...

Subject: Re: [OM] In Memory ...
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 17:30:53 -0500
I've used gaffers tape for years and years as a sound-engineer.  There is
nothing else like it and it serves a very important purpose. It is designed
to cut evenly on the cloth pattern.  You can make squares out of it very
easily.

Gaffers tape is extremely handy to have as a photographer. You can easily
secure flashes to walls with and also tape down the legs of a tripod to the
floor so it doesn't get knocked over.

It's expensive, but depending on source and quantity, $10-12 USD per roll
(60 yard) is pretty common.  It also comes in chroma-key colors.

Gaffers tape leaves no residue only if you pull it back up within a short
period of time AND the tape hasn't been walked on two much.  I can guarantee
you that driving a hi-lo over it a few times will give you plenty of glue to
clean up.

BTW, one of those "why didn't I think of that" items:  Instead of spending
money of velcro cable wraps, just buy some "hair bobbles". They are
inexpensive and far faster to use than the velcro straps.  I learned that
trick 25 years ago when touring full-time.

AG