[OM] Images As The Mood Strikes - 18

Subject: [OM] Images As The Mood Strikes - 18
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 15:45:50 -0400
Nice Day Lillies.  We have perhaps 10 varieties of hybrid Day Lillies
and more than a bunch of the standard ones.
There was a hybridizer just down the road in Ipswich and she had 100's
of varieties to choose from.  She has since moved.  We are just
starting to do our own hybridizing.  You may like that as well.  Can
take 1-2 years  to see what ya get. It is quite straight forward.  I
can send you the links if desired.
 Sort of consistent with my preference with using film for macro.
Mike

Flowers are special as they are like an extension of our family.  Our
day lilies are usually riotous this time of year.  I got so jaded with
them a couple years ago that I mostly didn't get out the cameras.
Then the flood came and took everything back to primordial goo.  I
take nothing for granted as things come back:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2012321&id=1261510733&l=ad519ef398

I experimented with shallow DOF on quite a few of these shots.  The DZ
15-54 is not the bokeh king, but I'm very satisfied with that lens.

Joel W.