Re: [OM] gods are restless

Subject: Re: [OM] gods are restless
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 10:21:56 -0700
The Mountain belched the day I first posted the link. Combined with
strong summit winds the ash was forming a nice plume. It quickly
dissipated so you had to be fast to see it. Today there is a bit of ash
blowing around. Snow is going fast. The camera is in a very hostile
environment and I think the protective box get pretty hot. Also don't
trust the air temp reading. The camera is inaccessible during the winter
and the HD camera was down all spring until they could get up to service
it. Best viewing times are early morning and late evening local time
(PDT, GMT+8) with the low sun angle.

<http://www.fs.fed.us/gpnf/volcanocams/msh/views/static-highdef.php>

Mike