Re: [OM] (OT) Fourth of July Parade

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT) Fourth of July Parade
From: "Carlos J. Santisteban" <zuiko21@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 01:38:25 +0200
Hi, Chris and all,

From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> It works fine for me, Carlos.  I accept that Safari 4 seems to stop
> responding at times, but other than that it's great.

I knew you would reply quickly to my rant :-)

Maybe you don't use tabs too much or, better said, don't use too many tabs!
My current window has 18 tabs, and that's much less than some other times!

Main problem is navigation thru tabs -- with just a few, it's easier with
the mouse; but I do need the keyboard shortcuts for previous/next tab.
Originally they were {Command+Left arrow} and {Command+Right arrow},
respectively, which I think is the proper way to do it, at least on a Mac.

But somewhere in the 3.x era, an IDIOT inside Apple had the STUPID, nonsense
idea of changing them to {Alt+Left arrow} and {Alt+Right arrow}... which are
the SAME used for moving to the beginning and end in text fields.  So when
arriving to a tab with a selected text field, it stopped working! Quite
annoying in my case.

Now it comes Safari 4... again, I see a pointless, annoying change -- the
stop/reload button to the right of the URL field, whereas in 3.x _and_
Firefox was to the left :-( But the new tab navigation shortcuts are,
theoretically, {Control+Shift+Tab} and {Control+Tab}. And I say
"theoretically" because... they DON'T work at all!!!!!

Still, I find it much better than Firefox, especially on text rendering --
one of the best things about OS X, I don't know why they (Mozilla team)
bother doing it their own way :-(

However...
--
Carlos J. Santisteban Salinas
IES Turaniana (Roquetas de Mar, Almeria)