Re: [OM] film for lens testing

Subject: Re: [OM] film for lens testing
From: "Carlos J. Santisteban" <zuiko21@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 22:24:14 +0200
Hi Ken and all,

> From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>

> If you use a transluminant target which can achieve greater than 20:1 the
> lateral halation becomes quite obvious.

I have thought of placing a (lit) LED in order to have a "visual plot" of
aberrations... but then, sensor/film issues should be considered!

> Ilford HP5 holds a place of honor in
> my experience as the most lateral-halation prone film I've ever used. I've
> had highlights from one image leak into the adjacent image!

The FP4 seems similar, IMHO. OTOH, that expired KB21 seems great in that
respect! ;-)

Cheers,
--
Carlos J. Santisteban Salinas
IES Turaniana (Roquetas de Mar, Almeria)