Re: [OM] FS: E-3 and lenses

Subject: Re: [OM] FS: E-3 and lenses
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2009 08:44:12 -0500

> Sorry?  E-3 isn't really much better at high ISO than the E-1?  Still
> running on the fumes of denial I see.  We need a serious get-together.

LOL, yes just a hint of denial.  Just a hint....

Seriously, I am extremely pleased with the high-ISO images I see from the
E-3 except for one issue.  There is visible banding with the E-3 where my
E-1 remains random-noise without the banding. But ISO 1600 is very usable
whereas ISO 800 is the practical limit with the E-1, except in really aweful
light. At issue for me, is that I can work with random-noise patterns, but
the banding is pretty much a show-stopper.

Yet, I will admit to a terminal case of camera-envy whenever I get together
with a photo buddy here who has a full-blown E-3 kit.  That new-generation
50-200 is sweet.  I do prefer my 14-54 over the 12-60, but mostly because of
lens weight, not technical.

To keep the camera-envy in check, I pull out the OM-3Ti with 35-80 attached,
show it to my buddy and say "check out that viewfinder".  Works every time.

AG