Re: [OM] Best FILM for lens testing?

Subject: Re: [OM] Best FILM for lens testing?
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2009 11:00:25 +0800
I read lots of test sites, CA do shows with B/W target and color sensor
(film). Yes, a lens will perform much worse in overexposed objects but at
least we see something on B/W target. See this test from Tamron 90/2.8, the
color fringe diffused to the black area and look much wores than just a soft
line where you see in B/W film:

http://www.the-digital-picture.com/Reviews/ISO-12233-Sample-Crops.aspx?FLI=0&API=0&Sample=0&FLIComp=0&APIComp=3&LensComp=118&CameraComp=9&SampleComp=0&Lens=392

Of course if you have time to perform all the tests under each
condition/target that would be great but I will try to get more from one
testing target.

C.H.Ling