Re: [OM] 4/3rds>>OM adapters

Subject: Re: [OM] 4/3rds>>OM adapters
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2009 19:16:23 -0700
Jan Steinman wrote:

> If this is the same one I bought five of, they need to be adjusted a bit
> before use. Mine fit VERY loosely before I adjusted them.
>
> They have three radial slots along the edge. Insert an Xacto blade in the
> slot and twist slightly, to widen the slit. This will strengthen the grip on
> the lens mount.

That may or may not be a long term solution. My first OM=>EOS adapter
was a brass one that looked homemade. It was obviously the wrong brass
alloy, as those little integral springs were not strong/springy/whatever
enough to hold heavier lenses solidly. And after being compressed in
that way, they didn't spring back to full, original position.

It was fine with lenses from WA to modest tele, but couldn't hold the
weight of longer teles and big zooms. Not that they fell off, but became
loose at the lens/adapter interface.

At first, I tried the solution you propose, but it only lasted until the
next heavy lens was mounted. I cut and folded some thin sheet aluminum
to press and glue into the slots, leaving just enough room for lenses to
mount, which seemed to solve the problem. But the real solution was a
properly made adapter, which is what I use now.

Moose