Re: [OM] time warp in CS4 Bridge

Subject: Re: [OM] time warp in CS4 Bridge
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2009 18:02:35 -0400
I don't have CS4 but I've been thinking about this and how it might
occur.  For Bridge to be doing what you think it is doing it would have
to know the time zone differential or that the camera's time was set to
GMT with some indicator of that.  But none of that can be true since
time zone or some sort of GMT/UT indicator is not part of the camera's data.

The most logical explanation is that you forgot to reset the camera's
clock when you were in the UK after having left Canada.  The camera thus
recorded the Canadian time on the image when you were in the UK and CS4
is simply playing back exactly what's on the image file.  I think if you
display the time stamp in the camera or some other image browser you'll
see the same thing.

I think my preferred browser (BreezeBrowser) can step through images and
  modify time stamps but I've never tried that.  Certainly there must be
plenty of utilities that can do that.

Chuck Norcutt