Re: [OM] People do the craziest things & also some pretty wonderful ones

Subject: Re: [OM] People do the craziest things & also some pretty wonderful ones . . .
From: John Hermanson <omtech1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 08:52:42 -0400
Love the part about rewinding the film and not pushing the rewind
button.  Once a photo student brought her OM-2N to me.  The md cap was
missing and the instructor told her "that's where the rewind button is
supposed to be, something's very wrong with your camera".  So I gave her
a short course in OM nomenclature and after the overhaul (shutter lock)
and a free strap, she was on her way, ready to rewind a roll properly.

Carry on, teach!
___________________________________
John Hermanson  |   CPS, Inc.
21 South Ln., Huntington NY 11743
631-424-2121  |  www.zuiko.com
Olympus OM Service since 1977
Gallery: www.zuiko.com/album/index.html

NSURIT@xxxxxxx wrote:
>>The second class they bring their images back and they get
> critiqued and we also to some instruction before they are given the
> assignment for
> the following week. At the first critique one of the students  said she took
> her roll to the processors and they told here it was messed up and  they
> couldn't process it.  Fortunately she brought the roll with her so I  could
> see what was wrong that it couldn't be processed.  The roll she  handed me
> was
> still in the container, however every one of the sprocket  holes were
> striped out of it.  Guess she didn't believe me when I said  nothing requires
> any
> force.  Probably didn't read the manual either.   Hmm, if she had turned
> the rewind lever, bet this wouldn't have happened. Oh,  yes the rewind handle
> had managed to be worked loose.  Wonder how that  happened?  Hope John
> doesn't read this and see how some of his babies are  getting abused.  Oh
> well,
> these things happen. I issued her another camera  and sent her on her way.
> There will be other crazy things happen and  hopefully none will create much
> more damage than this one.

   Bill Barber