Re: [OM] (was) Image Storage on the Road

Subject: Re: [OM] (was) Image Storage on the Road
From: "Carlos J. Santisteban" <zuiko21@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2009 14:35:08 +0200
Hi Brian and all,

> From: "Brian Swale"

> In New Zealand, I find cell-phone voice is far too expensive.

<snip>

> It is not uncommon for me to spend more than 2 hours on the phone to my g/f
> some 500 km away; at the end of each 2 hours I just hang up and re-dial. The
> same amount of calling by cell-phone would cost between $1,500 and $2,000
> per month. It would eat up my income very fast.

That's really expensive!

I was in a similar situation years ago, with 45+ min 550 km calls in a daily
basis. Cell-phone bills were around 120 € / $160 per month, which is
reasonable. It could cost double that in case of pre-paid rates.

In some places, esp. developing countries where infrastructures (sp?) are
not profitable yet, land-line calls may be quite expensive, even more than
cell-phones. When I went to Senegal, cell-phone calls there were about the
same rates than in Spain, but land-line calls were three times more than
here.

Cheers,
--
Carlos J. Santisteban Salinas
IES Turaniana (Roquetas de Mar, Almeria)