Re: [OM] IMG: another panorama, this time BIG

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: another panorama, this time BIG
From: iwert bernakiewicz <zuikooh@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 15:18:50 +0200
the earth is not flat indeed, but a section of the globe is a circle,
and when in the centre of this circle it appears as a straight line,
named the horizon :) it is only when we look from above or underneath
it becomes very slightly curved, but then it is not a horizon anymore,
because the horizon is in the plane that goes through our eyes. (so in
fact the horizon for a standing person is +/- @ 1.5m, now since we are
at the beach and looking very far away, the far end of the water level
is a neglectible 1.5m under the horizon and will still be very
straight.

so the horizon (in perspective theory) will always be a straight line.

Just my mileage,

Iwert