[OM] Another weekend outing with the E-3

Subject: [OM] Another weekend outing with the E-3
From: Ian Nichols <ian.a.nichols@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 01:42:41 +0100
It's that Off The Tracks Festival time of year again.  The weather was
fine, so there are one or two senoritas and senoras in evidence,
albeit not quite as stylishly dressed as Nathan's.  This is the
English East Midlands, after all.

Gear used: E-3 with battery grip (one pair of BLM-1s lasted 48 hours
so I'm still not nearly shutter-happy enough)  I think I'm getting the
hang of this battery grip thing now, so I might keep it.  14-54,
40-150, 50 f/2 macro, 7-14 and Sigma 30 f/1.4 were the lenses used.
Not sure I like the Sigma.  Seems to be just a bit too soft wide open,
to the extent that the autofocus is having real trouble in the low
light situations I bought it for.  Better results to be had from the
50 macro.  Perhaps I should scrimp & save for a Leica 25mm.  No, don't
encourage me ;)  There's a good example or two in there of why you
shouldn't really use the E-3's pop-up flash for fill-in with the 7-14,
but then again, that shadow could be anything.

There's 183 in all, and they're all 1024x768.  Apologies if anyone
gets bored, but there'll be a link from the festival's website to
these so that those who were there can look at themselves and their
friends and that band they saw, so I should include a lot of them so
as not to miss too many people out.

Enjoy.  Feedback always welcome

--
Stand firm for what you believe in, until and unless logic and experience
prove you wrong.  Remember: when the emperor looks naked, the emperor *is*

-Daria Morgendorffer