Re: [OM] (OT & OT) Audio, was Panorama problem

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT & OT) Audio, was Panorama problem
From: Ian Nichols <ian.a.nichols@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 14:02:47 +0100
2009/5/18 Ian Manners <oice500@xxxxxxxxxx>:

> http://www.comkal.net/IMG_0033.jpg
>
> used for digitising cassette's, records, etc etc.
> Preamp is above the monitor, Power amp is above the preamp.
> All designed and build by me, 8x mosfets in each output stage in
> AB mode.

Ah, another MOSFET fan.  Here's mine.

http://www.ian955.fotopic.net/c1621771.html

It's not quite such a monster as yours.  Uses a circuit which, I
believe, is straight out of Hitachi's lateral MOSFET datasheet, not
one of my own design.  I expect you'll spot the daft mistake in the
power supply wiring, which I did put right before anything disastrous
happened.

It's still something of a work in progress.  I'm currently planning to
replace the four big capacitors with a larger number of smaller ones.
 Then I might think about replacing that circuit board with something
built around LM4702 to drive the MOSFETs.

At the same time, I'll be trying to figure out what sort of active
crossover to use to bi-amp a pair of Tannoy 8" dual concentrics.

Olympus content:  Er, photos taken with E-330, 35mmF/3.4 macro and
either available light or off-camera manual flash.

--
Stand firm for what you believe in, until and unless logic and experience
prove you wrong.  Remember: when the emperor looks naked, the emperor *is*

-Daria Morgendorffer