Re: [OM] Web-page sizes and download times

Subject: Re: [OM] Web-page sizes and download times
From: Dawid Loubser <dawidl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 14:12:17 +0200
Just FYI, every web browser on the planet supports receiving GZip-
compressed
contents (pages, images, etc) and pretty much every web server
infrastructure
out there simply supports enabling this functionality on the server.

I have always been sceptical of external companies offering this
"service" which
is a standard feature of the HTTP protocol, albeit one not used or
understood by
many server administrators. If a particular site is slow, just bug
them to enable
HTTP compression.