Re: [OM] Oregon Coast (hijacked: A 40k milestone)

Subject: Re: [OM] Oregon Coast (hijacked: A 40k milestone)
From: JTimpe@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 17:07:21 +0000 (UTC)

>Any recommendations of scenic hikes and photo ops near
>Florence-Yachats would be much appreciated by anyone familiar with the area.

All the scenic points from which to view the Heceta Head lighthouse.  Near the
sea lion caves.  Would say they're almost not worth the stop (sea lion caves
that is)

Otter Crest trail.  Cape Foulweather, and right down the hill is Devil's
Punchbowl.  Great wine tasting room there (Flying Dutchman).

Yaquina Head lighthouse.  There's an Izzy's Pizza of all things right at the
turn out for the lighthouse.  Six buck lunch buffet with a zillion dollar view.
 Hard to beat.

Don't shortchange yourself at three capes.  You could easily spend one or two
days just on this forty mile diversion. The Northernmost part of the loop is
right along a bay, which is feeding grounds for herons.  Final leg back towards
Tillamook, at least if you're travelling South to North.

> Got to play with this lens at the Shutterbug store in Woodburn ...
>Do you remember how much they were asking?

$599.

It was a dark day when we were there, didn't appear to be excessive vignetting
at the wide end, but it was there.  Only body they had to try it with was a
420.  That's a sweet little camera.