Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 01/05/2009: close enough

Subject: Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 01/05/2009: close enough
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 2 May 2009 08:07:13 +0200
John, to me photography is a very important part of my life, and I
posted weekly pictures and occasional galleries also when I lived in
the Netherlands prior to moving to Spain in the fall of 2007. Back
then, I was also gone 12 hours each day, but I still found time to
take pictures and post them. Yes, now I work in the public sector (an
EU agency) but my working day is roughly the same as it was in the
private sector before, 8-9 hours. The difference is that I have traded
a 120 km commute on a crowded motorway which took 1.5-2 hours each way
for a pleasant 20-minutes drive along the Mediterranean. So the time
spent working is the same, the time wasted on commuting is 3 hours
less each day. That has done wonders for my energy levels after coming
home from work.

Do not assume that everyone who posts a lot has a cushy job with a 6-
hour day. It is all a matter of priorities.

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain
http://www.frozenlight.eu