[OM] Day Two Redux

Subject: [OM] Day Two Redux
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 22:46:46 -0500
The 'brellas were just short of worthless. The lightloss was rather extreme.
However, the shadows were much better. I'll sleep on what to do tomorrow
night, but will probably go back to normal on them after the group shots are
completed earlier in the evening.

I had the T45 on the OM-3Ti tonight.  We'll see tomorrow how the those
pictures turned out. I did drag the shutter to 1/30 to give myself some
ambient stage lighting. Tomorrow night, I'll have the T45 back on the E-1
(along with the ebay trigger) as I really need it there more than on the
film camera.

The OM-4T had an MD2 mounted, but I won't use it tomorrow night. It just
makes a touch too much noise for this event. Chances are, the OM-4T will get
bagged and kept in reserve.

Biggest surprise was the 300/4.5. Frame-filling shots of the face of the
keynote speaker turned out great.

I used the OM-3Ti, OM-4T, 24/2.8, 35-80, 300/4.5, 100-300/4 ATX, E-1, 14-54,
T45 and monolights tonight.  Tomorrow night the kit will be much more
narrowly focused. The 100-300/4 ATX will be the lens of choice (along with
the T45 flash) when the awards ceremonies happen.

So far, my frame rate has been a bit low. Only took about 400 pictures
tonight and about 125 last night. Tomorrow night will be a good thousand I'm
sure--all within two hours. The T45 battery is charging up right now.

AG