[OM] Nathan's PAD 21/04/2009: Never again

Subject: [OM] Nathan's PAD 21/04/2009: Never again
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 09:50:07 -0400
A fitting place to be on Holocaust Remembrance Day.  It appears high
fencing is still required around the cemetary.

I am reminded of the Danes vailiantly ferrying their Jews to Sweden
dodging Nazi patrols.  I remember reading a plaque in Copenhagen
explaining the Danes in the Nazi office had smuggled out the patrol
schedule facilitating the safe transfer of the Jews.  Unlike everywhere
else the Jews that were able to return (many if not most)  found their
property protected,  and even gardens and pets cared for.  A very
special place indeed.

http://www.auschwitz.dk/Denmark.htm

Mike

My visit to Copenhagen is coming to an end. Yesterday's daily picture
gives the main reason why I am always here on this particular date:

http://www.greatpix.eu/gallery/4253606_netUM#518217646_HajNj-O-LB

Nathan