[OM] Discovered treasure trove of NIB Olympus items... aka 180mm Pantheo

Subject: [OM] Discovered treasure trove of NIB Olympus items... aka 180mm Pantheon
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 20:02:54 -0400
Never really figured out where these lenses would carve out a special
use or which to pursue.  There is the Tammy 180 SP F2.8  whcih BB ?
likes.
Less CA at wider apertures.  Then there is the Z. 180 f2.  AND even a
CV 180 F4 APO lanthar that comes in OM mount.  Cameraquest had some NIB
until a year or two ago.  I think they only made one production run.
Then stretching the FL a bit the Z 200 F4 and F5's./  the F4 seems very
nice in AG's hands on E-x but so-so on FF dig or OM.   Stopped down on
a tripod the Z. 50-250 at hyperfocal distance performs quite well and
the Tam 80-200 though heavy  is no slouch.  The bokeh on the former is
quite busy and I never use it where that is imp't. The bokeh on the CV
180 from what I have seen is very nice indeed and it is sharp wide
open.

 I have the Z 50-250 and the big Tam zoom but no 180 or 200 prime.

Mike

180/2.8 (I cannot believe how small this lens is! Unbelievable - first
time I hold one)

I wish I knew how to convince the shop owner to keep the items
and sell at least some of it to me :-) Not that i really have the money,
but for this - one can make a plan. I am dying to see if it's the
ultra-rare
MC version of the 200/5.0 - I'd really like that lens.