Re: [OM] More Chinook Pass and the debut of Mt. St. Helens

Subject: Re: [OM] More Chinook Pass and the debut of Mt. St. Helens
From: Rick Beckrich <rbeckrich@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 17:16:41 -0400
I don't know how fast, but believe me... it was fast. I was working for the
Seattle Times and was camping with my wife and two younger daughters in the
Cascades when Helen blew. The ash cloud covered everything for miles and
miles. The following year
(or maybe it was two), I worke for the Longview paper. They won the Pulitzer
for their coverage of the blast. Sadly, they also lost a photog on the
summit.