Re: [OM] Hong Kong

Subject: Re: [OM] Hong Kong
From: Michael Collins <MRC.OlympusList@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2009 07:44:23 -0400
The scaffolding is wrapped with netting, but very high winds can still wreak
havoc on it. In 1979 I watched from a 12th floor flat in Wan Chai as Typhoon
Hope (force 8 max.) moved through Hong Kong, and saw scaffolding start to
pull away from the tops of some of the towers under construction - a rather
scary sight. No OM content here, sorry, as I didn't have my camera with me
that day.

Michael