Re: [OM] A4 inkjets

Subject: Re: [OM] A4 inkjets
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2009 08:12:50 -0400
I don't know if you have the Epson Stylus Photo R280 model in the UK but
here's a refurbished version selling in the US for $55 with free
shipping.  It meets all the criteria except pigment inks.  It uses
Claria inks rather than Durabrite inks.  It has 6 ink colors and is able
to print CDs.  It's so cheap I've considered buying one just for its
ability to print on CDs which my current printer can't do.
<http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/consumer/consDetail.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&oid=63074510>

And here's an even cheaper one, the Epson Stylus C120.  Available
refurbished for $31.20 with free shipping.  It doesn't do CD printing
but it does have 4 color pigment inks with a fifth cartridge carrying an
extra black ink tank.  This one is so cheap I've considered buying it
just for the ink it contains.  New printers are rumored to contain
something less than full ink tanks but, if the cartridges are at least
half full, it's about break even as a full set of inks is about $65.
<http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/consumer/consDetail.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&oid=63074509>

Chuck Norcutt