[OM] DXO review--5.3

Subject: [OM] DXO review--5.3
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 19:43:27 -0400
Achilles heel in the 16-9 site review was the raw converter--still
wating for their objective review of the new version.  The converter
with the new version is very good.
Here is one review:

http://www.northlight-images.co.uk/reviews/software/dxo_optics_pro5.html

Sort of an expensive Neatimage/PTlens but the silicon does much of the
work. Noise reduction is pre-conversion and can be very nice from what
I've seen if careful not to go overboard--fix noiiser areas with NI in
shadow areas later tp preserve detail.  It makes G9 ISO 800 files
usable.
Then again to borrow from Loyd Benson.  I know Moose.   Moose is a
friend of mine, and I'm no Moose.

It does its work in an expanded  internal color space and the
histograms with shadow/ highlight clipping reflect that internal space
and not
the chosen output space. Ther technical FAQ was not right and they
fixed the faq, not the software yet.
Worth a free demo if you have a supported combo.

A too slow PP, No time to fix much,
Mike