[OM] Anyone tried a ZD 9-18 yet?

Subject: [OM] Anyone tried a ZD 9-18 yet?
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 12:45:57 -0400
Now where did I put my "I agree with Chuck" T-shirt?  Dawid indeed got
a good one.  There was longstanding very common grousing about the
Mk1--( esp in the 16 to 24 range ) perhaps part of the reason the zuiko
21 F2 price went through the roof. Sample variability seems to be a
theme with some of these Canyon WA zooms:

http://www.16-9.net/lens_tests/canon1740_nikon1735/c1740vn1735a.html

I would have thought "L" means we "Looked" at it before sending it out
the door.  Wasn't it Angeniux that sent out MTF data on each individual
lens?

Seems to be very little but praise for the Canyon Tel zooms.  Perhaps
they are more tolerant of small manufacturing variances, but I don't
know.

Mike

Looks like SLR Gear must have gotten a bad sample relative to your
experience.  Their 16-35 Mk.1 performed poorly wide open and especially
at 35mm.  It's too bad that one can get bad samples when spending $1400
for a lens.
<http://www.slrgear.com/reviews/showproduct.php/product/142/cat/11>

Chuck Norcutt