[OM] Foliage in web images [was Mud Season in Maine]

Subject: [OM] Foliage in web images [was Mud Season in Maine]
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 19:20:23 -0400
Wow,
Finished up relatively early at work, but this is a tough
determination.    Difficult form a processing vantagepoint and for
experimental design in picking a favorite. Should be 55 pair-wise
comparisons (11 items taken 2 at a time) The adjacent image seems to
influence the impression as well.  2 seems the the brightest and
"edgiest"--perhaps more LCE + sharpening?  4 and 9 seem more painterly
with 4 clearly different than all the others.  The latter two have less
texture (?microcontrast) but not unpleasant.  I wouldn't pick them as
my favorite unless I am right on top of the screen.

I can't keep the nuances straight  on all the choices w/o much study
at this hour--so can't pick a clear winner.

MMM  (mostly manual focus, Mike)

Today I decided to try some different approaches to the problem. Anyone