Re: [OM] Foliage in web images [was Mud Season in Maine]

Subject: Re: [OM] Foliage in web images [was Mud Season in Maine]
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 08:48:48 -0400
I can't MF anymore but I do see a distinct difference between 2 and 3
and their immediate neighbors.  I do not see any difference between 2
and 3 and I think 4 is the worst.

Part of the problem with evaluation is too many alternatives.  Trying to
move the mouse around while intently watching the image leaves me
uncertain that I haven't accidentally crossed over an alternative view
that I wasn't aiming for.  Evaluating paired images is easy.  Evaluating
three images is not easy unless the best one is in the middle.  That
makes for a special case of two paired images.

Probably much harder to code but you could get something like selectable
paired images by being able to select and lock the base image.  Then
select another image for comparison.  Then hovering over the image would
display the comparison image and moving off would display the base image
again.  You already have code that does that.  Then you need a means for
changing the base image if the alternate is better.  Maybe a double
click on the image when hovering shows the alternate.

Anyhow, I *think* 2 and 3 are the best but I can't be certain.

Chuck Norcutt