Re: [OM] Light at Home

Subject: Re: [OM] Light at Home
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 22:29:14 -0700
usher99@xxxxxxx wrote:
> Nice compositions--

Thanks!
> reminds me that is has been said that compelling images are more perception
> and light dependent than place.

I agree that's a big part of virtually all good images.

> The red part of the spectrum in the begonia shot doesn't look quite
> right--perhaps just a color cast from the wall. You certainly can check the
> color accuracy of the remainder of the image w/o tooo much travel.

It's the old WB question; do you want accurate color or accurate
rendition of the color as affected by the light. The walls are only
slightly off-white in a yellowish direction, overlaid with dirt.  :-)
The yellowish color is from afternoon light. Yet the spectrum is coming
througha relatively clean window and crystal directly to the wall. I'm
not at all sure what  is happening to the red portion.

Moose