[OM] New Home Page pic: Oly 510

Subject: [OM] New Home Page pic: Oly 510
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 17:11:06 -0400
New home page pic. Shot with an Evolt 510, 14-54. Conversion to black
& white in CS4. This one's had a gooch of PT Lens applied, but is most
noteworthy as the first image I've used to try Camera Raw's new brush
tool that allows "dodging and burning" on the run. The rocks in the
foreground have been brought up by roughly half a stop from the
original image. That's a really spiffy tool CS4 has incorporated. I
can see it getting a lot of use--that, and another feature that allows
you to mimic a neutral density filter. Of course, I suppose I always
could try to get the correct exposure to begin with. <g>

FWIW, PT Lens for Macintosh works like a charm. I've been amazed at
the amount of barrel and pincushion distortion the highly-touted Nikon
24-70 displays. And how little the Olympus lenses seem to need. Just
food for thought.

There's also a B&W conversion on the B&W page of Bridge to Nowhere. I
actually used Scott Kelby's advice for making pseudo-IR images to
whiten the fog. Esteemed Wife likes the original, which, she says, is
moodier. But I didn't like the greenish-gray cast the image had. By
the time I corrected that out, it was almost black & white anyway.

No attractive females or males in any of the aforementioned shots.
Sorry.

Interested observers may follow the link below.

--Bob Whitmire
www.bwp33.com