[OM] The ones that get away.

Subject: [OM] The ones that get away.
From: Tom Fenwick <super.wide@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 19:56:35 +0000
I saw a picture today go sliding past the car as I was driving.  A bus stop
a bit like the one with the apple I posted the other day.  Two people
waiting, one at each end, facing each other.  On the left a woman in black
with full headgear - I'm not sure of the correct terminology, but anyway,
only eyes.  She was facing the guy at the other end, who was facing her.
 Older, white, seated.  With dark glasses and a guide dog.
I nearly pulled up round the corner and went back (which is what I did for
the older lady and frankenstein poster you got the other week), but I was in
kind of a hurry.  I was still thinking about it three hours later when I
drove back and looked wistfully at the empty bus stop.  Only then did I see
the advert which would have been between them.  Not sure what it was, some
dental thing probably; a huge grinning kid's face with the slogan "Go on,
give us a smile."

Why am I telling you all this?  I dunno.  Maybe it's the ones that get away
that make you try harder.  I want to make these pictures.  Sometimes I even
make one I think might mean something that people should see.  Why do I only
go out looking for them so rarely when I'm not traveling?  Why is the camera
so often in the bag, or even the trunk, not in my hand or on the seat?
 There's nothing else I want to do more, or that I find more rewarding.  I
know a lot of people don't know why I bother, but that's no big deal for me
:-)

So I guess maybe I'm just venting...  One or two of us do that here every
once in a while.  Or maybe I'm saying right, that's it - I'm going to start
WORKING.

I guess we'll see.

Thanks for reading, if you did.

Tom