Re: [OM] Friday 13th

Subject: Re: [OM] Friday 13th
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 21:50:36 -0700
Wayne Harridge wrote:
>> Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>

>>> our $200 wood shed would require a $300 building permit, ...
>>>
>> You might try calling it something else. Here if I I say it's for an
>> agriculture use I can go up to 1000sq' with no permit
>
> Yeah, like one of my neighbours who built a kick boxing ring in his front
> yard, I heard it was described as a "sun deck" on the council permit.

My ex "repaired" a small, dilapidated garage in front a house she owns
in Berkeley. Enlarging it for larger cars and bringing it up to building
code was part of the deal. It did in fact end up with a door on the
street big enough for a car, as well as over twice the sq ft, big sink
and stainless work surface and a walk-in cooler. She managed to create a
business building for her commercial flower business in a residential
neighborhood that would NEVER have been allowed if so described.

Later, when she had moved on, in both business and geographical senses,
it became a studio for various kinds of arts. I took a dream theater
workshop there once.

Creativity is the key.

Moose