[OM] Golden Child Kit first time outing

Subject: [OM] Golden Child Kit first time outing
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 19:29:34 -0400

AG is right, only 5 fpw (frames per week) lately due to weather and
very long work weeks. Perhaps no need for UDMA CF card at that frme
rate. That should change soon.

John Shaw use Nik flash and iTTL at -1.7 for average TTL fill for
macro. Very easy and fast--he didn't miss manual macro fill and said
so.. I was able to use manual macro fill once on a critter last fall,
but it was 48 deg and the Monarch wasn't moving much at all. I should
perhaps stop griping and make out more complete charts and get on with
it. I have used a modification of Dr. Flash's suggestion with a light
stand, but used a voice activated mobile light stand (the CFO herself)
armed with yabe radioslave and VP controller on a vintage Viv 283.
Worked OK, but the quid pro quo's can be exorbitant.

Mike

> Yes, dragging the shutter and retaining TTL use for the 3Ti does
result
> in 3Ti envy. I only wish it did TTL macro fill as I don't mind the
> alternatives so much for other situations. I think it was just a
> generation shy of that feature.

I'm not sure I understand that statement about TTL macro fill. Can you
expound on it?

WWAGD? Shoot more.

AG