[OM] Flower show portrait 2009

Subject: [OM] Flower show portrait 2009
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 19:05:11 -0400

The alt lens folks at FM  seem to like The EG-s screen on the OM 5D11
to use the nice MF glass.
http://tinyurl.com/dd7sj2

Not a perfect solution as it can get dark with slower lenses, but
something.  I am sure 3rd party microprism screens will appear
like with the  5D.  Live view should be nice as well as accurate but
too slow for some applications.
That be said, I like my 4T very much indeed as is.
Mike

Is it possible to use a modern-day wonderdigital in my alternative
style?
Somewhat, yes.  But focus screens are different and usually don't have
any
form of focusing aid.  Split-image or microprism? Nope.  And when they
do
have one, the angles are the wrong way and move against the ring
direction.
How about aperture rings?  I can completely operate the aperture ring by
feel.  All I need to know is what my maximum aperture is, and for the
bulk
of my lenses, that's F2.8.  How about focus?  Can you prefocus a lens to
approximately 10 feet by feel?  Nope.  Try racking the focus to the
infinity
stop.  What?  No infinity stop--the ring just keeps turning.  I won't
even
get into metering systems as people seem to have totally forgotten what
multi-spot metering is all about.

Besides, when you consider that I'm using the OM-4T and OM-3Ti, these
are
hardly "Amish" cameras.  :)