Re: [OM] Sign of Spring

Subject: Re: [OM] Sign of Spring
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 06:49:14 -0500
On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 1:38 PM, Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I would like it if others enjoyed them too, but I realize that's not the
> most important thing. And as you say, it seems many folks aren't moved
> by the images when posted. Seems only fair. Lots of listees seem to like
> images of aeroplanes, trains, cars, motorcycles, etc. Mostly those
> images just don't move me. I'm fairly often interested in technical
> qualities of the images, but seldom the subjects.

I am the same.  There is a ritual of the seasons about it, and after
our record flood last year, which has taken my wife's perennial beds
along the bank back to primordial goo, I am glad I have as many photos
as I have from recent years.  It grieves me occasionally to look at
them, as so many children lost to time and trouble, but it's at least
more than memories.  "Gather ye rosebuds while ye may" -- that's my
motto -- and photography, literally, is in part how I like to do that.
 Flowers are one area in which my wife and I share a common love that
I celebrate in photography, and so that makes it almost too good to be
true sometimes.

My grandmother was a botanist.  It chagrins me that I have such a
terrible time remembering plant names.

It will be surprising, in a very pleasant way, as to what comes poking
up soon after a lost summer.  It will be a better than average spring
and summer if all goes reasonably well.

Joel W.