Re: [OM] 35/2 in the dark

Subject: Re: [OM] 35/2 in the dark
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 02:52:25 -0700
Tom Fenwick wrote:
> I've been using the 35/2 on the canyon in some dark places recently.  It's
> easier to use than the alternatives when you can hardly see:
>
> http://www.pbase.com/tom_77/image/110075703
> http://www.pbase.com/tom_77/image/110138790

Some nice shots there in previously impossible light.

I've been doing some shootin' in low light myself. At least I think 1/40
sec, ISO 3200, f1.8, EV -2/3 is pretty dim for hand held with moving
subjects. About EV 1, I think.

The 50/1.8 may be cheap and unimpressively made, but it delivers the
goods. AF worked well. More to come as I get around to them.
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=VisitKirsten/2009_02_21>

Moose