Re: [OM] 12 is enough

Subject: Re: [OM] 12 is enough
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 22:03:59 +1100
I should have been a lot more er...y'know, loquacious.
What I meant is that I handle a lot of compacts designed for sale to
handbag holders and pocket wearers who will NEVER print them larger
than A4. EVER. Some will never print at all. They assume that more
megapickles equals better quality image. Foolish. What it provides is
slower computer performance as they resize them to small sizes for
emailing or websites. And the need for bigger cards, slower shooting
and all that.
For that market, anything over six is silly.
Really smart enthusiasts and semi-pro's like us can extract the
maximum performance from reasonable compacts of course which is why
we like ones with RAW, even if we have to weasel it out ourselves. ;-)

Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.pbase.com/afildes