Re: [OM] [IMG] tormenta de verano en la bahía de Maldonado [ summer stor

Subject: Re: [OM] [IMG] tormenta de verano en la bahía de Maldonado [ summer storm on Madonado bay ]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2009 21:38:02 -0800
Fernando, I like the image.

C.H.Ling wrote:
> Usually I will not check histogram unless I found something strange. For your
> image the shadow is ok as you may intended to kill unnecessary details. But
> the highlight (sky) could use a more smooth transaction, I believe there
> should be more details on the slide but I could be wrong.

C.H., I agree. There's actually quite a bit of recoverable highlight and
shadow detail even in the JPEG.

Fernando, I don't quite believe the magentas and purples. Maybe you have
different colors in the antipodes than I've seen up here?

Here's what I consider a modest improvement in color highlight and
shadow tonalities.
<http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/FGonzalezG/bahiadeM.htm>

It's fine with the foreground all black, but I think I sort of prefer it
with a little detail that picks up the sky colors.

Moose