[OM] (no subject)

Subject: [OM] (no subject)
From: Willie Wonka <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 05:06:07 -0800 (PST)
...:) No,

They already had the gizmos.  It was the West that was catching up.

Funny you mentioned the money thingie...When I worked at Sikorsky Aircraft I
became kinda friends with one of the BD types who told me an interesting story:

In the early part of 2000 he was in Russia and met his counterpart working for
the company that makes Mi-28 helicopters.  At the time russians were promoting
the new Mi-28N.
After a few drinks, our guy finally asks the important question:  How much does
it cost to make the helicopter?  The russian just shrugs and says:  I really
don't know.
Ok, then can you tell me how much did the original Mi-28 cost?  The only answer
he got was: I really don't know, I swear...

Nothing unusual, at that time dilligent bookkeeping was not and it is still (I
believe) not a high priority in a lot of sectors of russian economy.  One thing
I can say tho...If they really wanted something, money was not a problem...:)

iPhone is a nice gadget, you should definately get it.  One thing tho...All
friends who bought one without a GPS sensor, wish they opted for it....

Boris