Re: [OM] Olympus E-620 on dpreview

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus E-620 on dpreview
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 13:39:41 -0500
Yes, it's a "park model" mobile home and is considered a vehicle that
can be towed on the road as opposed to a permanent home.  It has a
license, and pays road taxes rather than property taxes.  The lot that
it sets on is rented and it's amidst 220 other like units as well as
large RVs which are truly mobile.  It's fully skirted to hide the fact
that it's setting on concrete piers and tied down with hurricane straps.
   The trailer tongue is detached and stored underneath.  In most states
a "park model" is limited to 420 square feet but Florida allows up to
500.  This is a "standard" park model since, at 12x35 feet, it's exactly
420 square feet.  That doesn't include the attached 8x35 foot enclosed
porch which doesn't count for floor space.

Although it's fully air conditioned it's not really well suited to year
round living but makes a nice escape from the north during the winter.
It's in the middle 70's right now with a gentle breeze wafting in
through the window.

Chuck Norcutt