Re: [OM] 90/2.0 vs 135/3.5 for distant landscape

Subject: Re: [OM] 90/2.0 vs 135/3.5 for distant landscape
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 09:52:44 +0800
Ok, here is the test with 5D2:

RAW converted with DPP sharpness: 1, ISO200, tripod, liveview, shutter 2
seconds delay, focus with liveview at F2 only.

Center focus

http://www.accura.com.hk/temp/100F2_F2.JPG

http://www.accura.com.hk/temp/100F2_F56.JPG

What surprise me was the corner softness does not reduce much at stopped
down.

Center focus

http://www.accura.com.hk/temp/90F2_F2.JPG

http://www.accura.com.hk/temp/90F2_F56.JPG

Top left corner focus, the edges look better with a very little trade off of
center sharpness.

http://www.accura.com.hk/temp/100F2_2a.JPG

http://www.accura.com.hk/temp/100F2_56a.JPG

At F2, 100/2 has better center sharpness but 90/2 has super edge to edge
performance even wide open, there is no surprise why the price is always
much higher than 100/2. I owned 3 100/2 at year 2000, tested them and found
not much difference then sold two best looking samples to list members. But
I would say I can never make such an accurate test without a 21mp FF digital
back.

C.H.Ling